Friday, November 9, 2007

The best museum in New York

I was in New York several years ago and had opportunity to visit its best museum. And by that, I don't mean the Met, or MOMA, or the Frick, or the Museum of Natural History, or any of the other world class museums New York offers. I've seen bunches of those, at home and abroad, and they've started to blur in my mind. The best museum, I think, is the Lower East Side Tenement Museum, which allows visitors to get a look into a genuine, Lower East Side tenement, which was in active use from 1867 until the mid-1930s, when the building was sealed up to become a time capsule.

If you'd like to know more about the museum, I wrote about my visit there for Kango, which posted it on the Kango blog, here. If you're not convinced after reading my review that it's somewhere you should go -- and take the kids with you -- I'm going to have to hang my hat as a writer, because I've clearly done something wrong.

No comments: