Friday, November 9, 2007

Living the Seinfeld life

I was complaining to a friend today that I'm suffering from existential ennui. I am, quite simply, tired of most of the tasks that define my day to day life, whether I'm doing housekeeping, childrearing, work, or volunteering (and let's not even mention the carpooling).

I want to do nothing, but I want to do it in a charming and amusing way. When I told him that, he responded by saying that I wanted to live the Seinfeld life. After a moment's blankness, I realized exactly what he means. The characters in Seinfeld are quirky (yes, that's me); amusing (occasionally); social (most of the time); and, unlike me, they have no responsibilities. At least this week, I could so live that Seinfeld life!

1 comment:

PatriciaJ said...

This week, how about for the remainder of the year. We can skip Thanksgiving, Hannukah, Christmas & New Year's eve. I think I will take a trip. I will book it at www.Kango.com who I think are designing for the folks with ennui desires.