Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Christmas Lights

I use Google's calendaring system because, when I schedule something, the system will send me email reminders. Without those email reminders, I'm completely lost. Sometimes, though, even with the email reminders, I'm lost. The other day, I got a reminder that said, "December 8 -- Christmas Lights." I had no idea what that meant. We never put lights on our house, because we're Jewish. Why, therefore, would I remind myself about Christmas lights?

It turned out I had a very good reason for doing so. The kids and I love to look at other people's Christmas lights. What I did last year was to consolidate all of our favorite addresses and put them in that calendar entry, both to remind me to make the trip around our community (Marin County) and to remind me of where to go.

Since these are wonderful houses to visit in Marin County, I thought I'd pass the list on to you:

CORTE MADERA
-- 33 Ebb Tide Passage, off Golden Hind
-- 38 Echo Ave., near Yolo St.
-- 9 Prince Royal Passage, off Paradise
-- 274 Sausalito St., off Tamalpais Dr.

FAIRFAX
-- 155 Cascade Dr., off Bolinas Rd.
-- 12 Mono Ave., off Bolinas Rd.

LARKSPUR
-- 44 Diane Lane, off William Ave.

MILL VALLEY
-- 122 Belvedere Dr., off Reed Blvd.
-- 31 Egret Way, off Harbor Point
-- 537 Marin Ave., in Tam Valley

NOVATO
-- 39 Aaron Dr., in Ignacio (American Cancer Society fundraiser)
-- 701 Arthur St., off S. Novato Blvd.
-- 34 Devonshire Dr., off Center Rd. ("The Christmas House") -- the absolute best of the bunch
-- 54 Hollyleaf Way, in Ignacio
-- 2 Hune Ct., near Center Rd.
-- 385 San Carlos Way, near San Marin
-- 370 San Luis Way, near San Carlos
-- 65 Stanford Court, near Center Rd.
-- 2095 Vineyard Rd., near Wilson Ave.
-- 97 Washington St., off Rowland Way
-- 3 Williamson Ct., off Vineyard Rd.

SAN ANSELMO
-- 29 Alderney Rd., off San Francisco Blvd. and El Cerrito Ave.
-- 25 Madrone Ave., off Drake Blvd.

SAN RAFAEL
-- 4 Amalfi Place, off Canal St.
-- 417 Blackstone Drive, in Marinwood ("The Mickey Mouse House")
-- 498 Blackstone Drive, in Marinwood
-- 12 Jefferson Ave., off N. San Pedro
-- 1 Locust Ave., off Grand Ave.
-- 383 Quietwood Drive, in Marinwood ("The Bear House")
-- 125 Robinhood Dr., in Peacock Gap
-- 3 Teakwood Ct., in Peacock Gap

For more information about Christmas houses in the Bay Area, focusing on the City, the South Bay and the East Bay, check out this post at Kango.

No comments: